|Simplify your removals. Is your biggest challenge first call removals? Do you have to deal with bariatric deceased, small hallways and doors, or stairwells? The Med Sled First Call helps you and your staff with the most challenging of first calls removals.|
Leave Your Cot At The Door
The Med Sled First Call is lightweight and easy to carry to difficult situations. Storing in a 9.00" x 36.00" carrying shoulder bag and weighing just 10lbs. Throw the sled over your shoulder and take it where you need it most.
Loading The Body
Even in the most difficult situations the First Call is designed to enable just two people to load even your heaviest removals. The sled can help protect lower back strain.
Securing The Body
Managing and securing awkward and difficult body type is made easy with the Med Sled First Call. The sled will cocoon up and around the deceased to provide a secure means of transport, and eliminates the risk of weight shifting during the removal.
Transporting The Body
The Med Sled First Call will make transporting the body safer and easier regardless of the size of the home. The sled can be carried out like a stretcher if space permits, but in extreme cases involving large bodies and tight spaces such as trailers, slide the sled through narrow hallways and around tight corners. You can provide a dignified removal and you don't have to risk injury to your staff and damage to the home.
Going Down The Stairs
Carrying a body down a flight of steps is a difficult and sometimes dangerous process. The end of the sled is curved to allow a smooth descent, and if more difficult removals, deploy our stairwell braking system to ensure your safety, and a controlled process.
Loading Onto Your Cot
The sled will cocoon the body, so once tightened, it will only be as large as the deceased, and will easily fit onto your standard cot.
- Cot compatible
- Holds up to 1,000 lbs.
- Ideal for tight spaces & multi-story homes
- Tether and stairwell braking system included with every sled, reducing risk of back injury
- Available in Standard (36.00" x 87.00") and Bariatric (48.00" x 87.00") sizes
- WARRANTY: 1 year, 100% replacement for manufacturer's defect; 5 year limited warranty
- â€œA few months ago we were called to a home to remove a person weighing over 500 lbs. Removing someone of that size is extremely difficult to do both physically, and also respectfully. My goal is always to perform removals both safely and with the utmost respect. The next day I purchased the Med Sled, because of its ease of use and level of dignity it provides the deceased. This is such a simple and effective device that it was an easy decision, I recommend the Med Sled to anyone who has ever wanted a better product for their most difficult removals.â€ -- Todd Goheen, Butzin Marchant Funeral Home
- â€œWe ordered a bariatric sled, and the day we received it, we got a house call for a 6'7" 550 lb. deceased outside of town. The deceased was on the second floor in the back of the house down a narrow and cluttered hallway. My Sheriff and I loaded the deceased into the sled and slid the sled right off of the bed. I pulled the sled through the hall and easily maneuvered it around a corner and down the steps and out of the front door. We placed the deceased on our cot, and loaded it into the back of our van. This was an older house with narrow doors and halls. A removal like that would have normally taken four or five men to help lift and carry the deceased and at least an extra half an hour. The Med Sled really made this removal much easier, what a great product.â€ -- Rick Bailey, Parker Mortuary
- â€œJust wanted you to know how glad we are to have your "medsled" as part of our removal tools! We ordered a medsled soon after we heard about it. It arrived and we read the instruction material and looked at the CD program. Then put it in our hearse to have available if and when needed. It was about three weeks later that we had a home death of a very large person (about 375 pounds) who had died in his water bed. We were able to use the medsled and get him out of the bed and on our cot and back to the funeral home without making it look like it was a very big deal. Without it we would have had to have several more people to help us with the removal and it would not have looked very smooth or professional. I would recommend the medsled to anyone that makes removals. Thanks for a very good product!â€ -- George H. Kuhler
- â€œWe have used our Medsled on several occasions with great ease, even with some oversized medical examiner cases. We mainly use it for heavier cases that involve stairs and with that being said it has saved both mine and my co-workers backs. I have really liked this product and would recommend it to others in the funeral industry.â€ -- Tony Deaton, James Crowder Funeral Home